Frequently Asked Questions
What is Whimsy?
You can expect to have a professional artist guide you step-by-step through a fun piece of art while painting on canvas and sipping cocktails and listening to cool and groovy music during a fun night out with good friends. At the end of the night, you’ll take home your own personal masterpiece that you created, yourself! Let’s face it, life is too short for blank walls!
What if I’ve never painted before?
That’s okay. You don’t need any art experience to enjoy painting with us. The artist will guide you step by step through the entire process. You’ll leave with a finished piece of art that YOU have created! Our classes are great for novice or experienced painters alike.
Why is Whimsy so popular?
It’s a popular venue for girl’s nights out, bachelorette parties and date nights. It’s so popular because we combine the going out experience with art and give people something to take home at the end of the night that they personally created. People love to display something on their wall that nobody believes that they painted themselves! Whimsy, offers patrons the opportunity to create a work of art while enjoying a glass of wine. The concept provides fun instructional art classes for individuals or groups.
- How much are your classes?
- The majority of the adult painting classes are $35 per person with the exception of the 6:30pm classes on Fridays and Saturdays which are $45 per person. Kids Club (Saturday mornings) are $25 per person.
- How do I register for a painting event?
- Click on the calendar (from a desktop or a laptop, Rezclick’s mobile site is currently under construction), click on the date and painting for which you want to register. Fill out the registration form and create an account. The system will send an email confirmation. It’s as simple as that!
- What browsers are compatible with the Rezclick registration system?
- Firefox and Chrome are browsers known to be compatible with Rezclick. Unfortunately, Rezclick is not optimized for use with Safari. Make sure you are registering from a desktop or a laptop. Rezclick’s mobile site is currently under construction.
- Are the Orchard & Northfield registration systems linked?
- Unfortunately, no, they are not. They are different registrations systems which means you will have to have an account for both if you attend classes at both studios.
- How do I get into my online account?
- To access your online account, click on calendar on the navigation bar, & on the far left is the login. If you did not set up a password or forgot it, enter your email in the “Forgot Password?” box or call the studio to have us reset your password.
- I’m planning a party for a large group to come in for a class. How do we register?
- Good question! You can either have one person register & pay for everyone in your group (you would be responsible for getting payment from your friends), or everyone can register themselves separately. Once you register yourself, there is an awesome share to Facebook button that will be a direct link to the class you are attending. WATCH OUT! Make sure everyone registers early because if the class sells out, the people who didn’t register in time will need to get on the wait list. Unfortunately, no, we can not fit extra people in & no, they can not just hang out while you paint because if a class is sold out, we are at our maximum occupancy.
- How do I get on a waitlist?
- If a class is marked as ‘Waiting List’ on the calendar and you would like to be on the wait list, go to the calendar, click on the name of the painting, & follow the steps to add yourself to the wait list & check out to complete the wait list registration. This does NOT mean you are on the class list or have paid yet. Once a seat opens up, Rezclick will automatically email everyone on the wait list that a seat has opened up. It is not first come, first serve. It is whomever registers first which means someone not on the wait list may get in, but people on the wait list will receive a notification the moment a seat does become available. We do not take deal codes at the door as they need to be redeemed online first, no exceptions!
- Do you take Promo Codes at the door?
- No, all Promo Codes need to be redeemed online first, no exceptions!
- How do I reschedule or cancel a class?
- Whimsy is an art instruction/entertainment event much like a concert, dinner theatre, movie theater, or other public event. If you must reschedule, you may do so yourself via your Rezclick account 1 FULL DAY prior to the painting event in order to receive a credit to use toward a future class (e.g., if you are registered for a Friday class -any time- you can reschedule yourself anytime before the end of Wednesday). This will give us a full day to try to fill your seat. Please be respectful and change your reservation so that someone on the waiting list may be notified. Under My Account, click on “Classes” & then click “Change” for the class you want to reschedule. Next, check the box for the class you want to cancel. A credit is applied to your studio specific Rezclick account in order to apply it to future painting class events (not automatically applied). There will be an “Account Credit” button if you have a credit that you can click on prior to clicking “Checkout.”
- Unfortunately, we DO NOT reschedule reservations cancelled inside the 1 full day window prior to the event. There are no exceptions! In order to request a reschedule, you’ll need to contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your reschedule request. Once we receive your email, the owner will process your request within 72 hours. Sorry, any gift certificates or account credit can NOT be used for bar credit. Credit can only be used towards painting events. More than one reschedule fee will result in a $10 fee per seat, each time. Please allow up to 72 hours to process your request.
- If you paid with a deal code such as a Groupon, you will need to cancel your registration to the class & then email us (create@whimsypaintandsip) with your Groupon vouchers & their expiration dates in order for us to reactivate your code. However, watch the expiration dates because deal codes won’t work after the expiration date. You may not reschedule after they expire without incurring additional class fees.
- Some deals for instance: GrabitNow are offered occasionally through Facebook and/or Email newsletter. They have restrictions and don’t allow reschedules. You may sell it or give it away to a deserving friend! Here’s ‘the fine print’: No reschedules, not retroactive, not available for Kids Club/Family Day.
- How do I use an old/expired deal code?
- If you bought a Groupon PRIOR to December 2014, you will have to go through Groupon due to the change in ownership.
- Otherwise, send us all of the following information in an email: Your name, your phone number, deal code used, its value, when you purchased it and the class you would like to register for including date/time and name of painting. Send to: email@example.com. We will send you a new code to use that will be good for the amount you paid for the deal code! (Sorry, you may not combine deals, coupons, specials, discounts, etc). It will take up to 72 hours to process your request.
- My Promo Code isn’t working!
- If you’re trying to use a code & it’s not working, do NOT go ahead & sign up anyway. Since we only offer rescheduling with a full day notice and no refunds, you will be losing out on the deal for that seat.
- Signing up for a Fundraiser night?
- If you are signing up for a fundraiser, make sure to enter the fundraiser code in the comment box while registering otherwise the organization loses out.
- If you’re having trouble registering with a Groupon…
- First of all, make sure you’re using the code Groupon gave you that is 8 characters long, all letters, & typing it exactly as given. If you enter an extra space (sometimes copy & paste will add an extra space), the code will not be recognized.
- Secondly, make sure your Groupon code is for the studio you are attempting to register. There are different studios with different Groupon deals which are not transferable.
- Thirdly, make sure you’re putting your code into the Gift Certificate, Coupon, or Voucher box. It will NOT work if it’s entered anywhere else.
- Next, the way the Rezclick system works, you can register with only ONE code at a time. This is to stop people from stacking coupons.
- Groupons can NOT be used for Fundraiser events because they are considered coupons. We would like to raise as much money as possible for the fundraiser & allowing deals lessens that amount.
- Make sure you are registering from a desktop or a laptop. Rezclick’s mobile site is currently under construction.
- Finally, the Groupons do in fact have an expiration date! You must register AND attend prior to the expiration in order to obtain the deal.
- Groupons can NOT be retroactively applied to a prior registration.
- When does the new monthly calendar go on the website?
- We display the current & next month’s calendars. The next month will go live on the 1st of the previous month. Join our email list to get the very latest news and sale promotions. It’s on the homepage.
- How many seats do you have?
- Call us. We’ll be happy to discuss your group size. 303-665-7026
- When should I arrive?
- Plan to arrive 1/2 hour early to settle in and enjoy the atmosphere. If you’re a few minutes late, the staff will help you ‘catch up’. If you’re more than 15 minutes late, you’ll need to reschedule. It’s your fun night out, arrive early!
- Where should I park?
- Free parking is everywhere at The Orchard Town Center, or you may pay the meters and park right in front & along the street.
- We registered separately. How do we sit together?
- We do not do assigned seating as some studios do. Seating is first come, first serve. Someone should arrive early enough to ‘save’ seats for your group with our Save the Seat signs. Or better yet, all of you arrive early enough to settle in and socialize while the rest of Whimsy fills up.
- What should I wear?
- Wear something that you wouldn’t mind getting paint on. Although we use water based acrylic, when it dries it will NOT come out. If you care about it, don’t wear it. Please leave your expensive handbags at home… paint splashes and drips!
- Do I have to paint the piece of artwork scheduled for that night?
- No, you may paint whatever you wish and feel free to change your color palette! YOU are the artist. You may paint anything your creativity leads you to do within reason of course.
- What if I don’t see the painting and or/date I need?
- Call us, we’re sure to oblige. We do our best to work with you to make your painting event as convenient as possible!
- Should I Tip?
- Tipping is never expected but greatly appreciated! “How much?” you ask…usually $3 to $10 per person or more, it’s up to you. Thanks!
- Can children register for a painting class with me?
- Yes! Any 10:30am or 2:30pm class that is not a Kids Club class, children ages 7+ are welcome to register with a painting adult/guardian! Evening events are ages 16+. Infants are not allowed at any of the 6:30pm classes. Otherwise, we’re sorry, this is an adult’s night out. There are no age requirements for Open Studio but a guardian must be present.
- What if I want to just watch my friend/child paint and only hang out?
- Every seat has an easel and canvas and has a painting class fee, why not just paint! If you stay, you pay. You’ll be glad you did!
- What if I don’t finish my painting?
- You WILL! It’s our job to guide you through the process. But if you don’t, you may come in during Open Studio (at no extra charge) to finish. Check with us before the evening is over.
- What if I don’t like my painting?
- We hope that you have enjoyed the ‘experience’ of painting as much as you enjoy your very own painting but if you don’t like it, maybe someone else will! Give it as a gift! Or repaint it. Start over. It’s yours, you may do whatever you like with it! You may even want to donate it to a fundraising event!
- What is the painting ‘drying time’?
- It will feel dry to the touch after about ½ hour but will continue to dry thoroughly for the next several days.
- How do I transport my painting?
- After it’s dry to the touch, you can carefully handle it and transport it face up in your car trunk.
- Can I bring my own materials?
- Absolutely, you may bring any art supplies you’d like (canvas size must be 16×20); however, you will still be responsible for the class fee. You may want to check out our ‘Open Studio’ availabilities, too, where you can paint at your convenience. We do not supply ‘to go’ paint.
Food & Drink Questions
- Can I BYOB?
- Regardless of what other places may be doing, BYOB is illegal in Colorado. No outside liquids are allowed in! Yes, this does mean water bottles are not allowed. The good news… we do offer a nice variety of beverages to choose from.
- Why aren’t the drinks included?
- Whimsy keeps the price of instruction below $45 and doesn’t increase them for beverages because let’s face it, not everyone drinks alcoholic beverages. We don’t think anyone wants to pay for drinks they don’t consume. Are we right? Or are we right?
- What is there to eat and drink?
- See our menu here. And yes, you may bring commercially prepared foods in. You may not, however, bring liquids of any kind into Whimsy due to the Colorado State Liquor Law.
- May I bring a cake for my party?
- Professionally baked cakes are welcome for birthdays, anniversaries, or just because. You may even use our table to set it up. Please arrange this in advance. Frequently there will be more than one special event happening. No candles, please.
- Are there any nearby restaurants?
- Yes, there are several great eateries around. Click here for more info. We also have a great selection of snacks and sweets you will enjoy! We highly recommend the restaurants surrounding us in The Orchard Town Center.
Other Items for Purchase
- May I purchase the paintings I see displayed on the wall?
- Unfortunately, no. Those are our originals. HOWEVER, we do have paintings on our For Sale rack that you may purchase for only $15 plus tax.
- Can we choose different sized canvas?
- Yes, if you wish to paint on something other than 16×20, you may…for the nominal fee of $10. Other sizes available vary and may not always be in stock.
- Do you offer frames?
- Yes! Choose from several artful frames! $29 plus tax (all for the 16×20 size)
- Do you have other retail items for sale?
- Coming soon!
Other Types of Classes
- Do you offer Team Building, Company Social Events & Client Appreciation?
- This is a great way to unlock the creativity of each individual while building relationships. Call us, for your special festivities. Read more about this here: social events
- Do you offer fundraisers?
- Yes! Please see our Fundraisers Page.
More about Whimsy
- When did Whimsy begin?
- The first Whimsy Paint and Sip Art Studio in Historic Downtown Erie and was founded in Oct 2010. We chose to move to The Orchard Town Center in the beautiful city of Westminster in the fall of 2013 because it’s so very easy to get to, has plenty of free parking, and there’s so much more for those driving from other parts of the state to see and do! Restaurants and Shopping Galore! In September 2015, Whimsy expanded with a second location at The Shops at Northfield Stapleton. I decided to bring my roots of entertaining & hospitality to my own local art boutique and am thrilled to offer 2 or 3 hour escapes that will evoke creativity and talents while bringing happiness & joy to hearts while creating their very own masterpieces! Being able to offer this on a recession proof budget just makes it even sweeter! We like to think we’re changing the world one canvas at a time.
- Why Whimsy?
- We wanted to create a safe and fun place for everyone to stoke their creative juices and just let go and let fun. We think this is the cat’s meow. The name was decided on after brainstorming through over 100 other names and finally just asked ourselves one question “What is it that we want them (YOU) to feel when they walk thru the door?” “Joyful, Fun, Whimsical” so, Whimsy we became!
Please note that the policies and guidelines are subject to change.